Tips for wedding dress success!
Let's face it, shopping for your wedding gown is such a unique experience, that most people don't know how to prepare for it. This piece written by our store owner will guide you through how to prepare for your appointment, so saying yes to the dress will be a breeze!
1. Budget - Knowing what you want to spend on your wedding dress helps your consultant pull the perfect dress in your desired price point. Don't worry, this won't limit you; our wedding gown collection is affordably priced from $1100 - $4200. Most brides find that they have tons of wedding dresses within their desired budget, and often times find their wedding dress on their very first visit to our store.
2. Bring your favorites - We can't stress enough: Limit. Your. Posse.
Your mom, MOH, and closest people to you should accompany you to the appointment. We recommend bringing no more than 3 people with you to the appointment. Remember, it's very difficult for anyone to look past whether they personally care for a dress, rather than if it's right for the bride and her preferences. The more opinions you get, the more stressed you'll be. Trust us on this one.
3. Eat an hour before your appointment. - This way you'll be able to focus on making a decision without your stomach growling at you!
4. Keep an open mind. - 99.9% of the time brides walk out with what they initially said they "would never wear". Brides who dislike sparkle end up buying the most sparkly wedding dress in the entire store, girls who say they want a clean dress end up buying a wedding dress covered in lace. It's the best when this happens, because brides go with what makes their heart flutter and it's such an exciting moment when they say yes to the dress.
5. Share your Pinterest board! - This gives your consultant and instant idea of the vibe/look/style that you want for your big day. Even if we don't have the exact dress on the board, we're likely to have something similar. If you pin from our Pinterest board, then we're likely have every dress!
6. Tell your consultant what you're thinking and feeling. - We haven't been painstakingly sewing that wedding dress in the backroom for the past 6 months, so believe me; we're not heartbroken when you say you don't care for it. There's a perfect wedding dress out there for every bride, and the goal is for you to find it! Feedback helps your consultant figure out what to pull for you, based on your likes and dislike. Moral of the story is: don't be shy, tell us how you're feeling!
7. Let it happen! - Most of our brides find their wedding dress on their first appointment. With over 500 dresses in stock, its rare that a bride walks out without her dream dress. In case we failed to mention, every single one of our 500 wedding dresses is different, they aren't 30 different sizes of the same gown. That's a lot of wedding dresses in one store!
8. Saying yes to the dress should be as easy as saying yes to his proposal! - Saying yes to the dress should be effortless, fun, amazing, and easy! Saying yes to the dress should by no means be a stressful moment, and the only one who truly knows if it's "the" dress is YOU.
1/20/2023 07:34:25 am
This was lovvely to read
Leave a Reply.
Hi! I'm Katy, a bridal consultant at Marry & Tux Bridal. In addition to helping brides, I built & maintain the website, and love writing on our blog! Tag us on instagram with the hashtag #marryandtux if you'd like your wedding to be featured, I'd love to share! If you're a photographer with photographs of one of our brides please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org